[Ruby_E_Template slug="time-header"]
Fight Against CriminalFight Against Criminal
Font ResizerAa
  • World
  • Travel
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • Technology
  • Fashion
Search
  • Home
    • Home 1
    • Home 2
    • Home 3
    • Home 4
    • Home 5
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Opinion
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • World
    • Science
    • Health
  • Bookmarks
  • More Foxiz
    • Sitemap
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Mumbai

ED summons Raj Kundra for questioning in money laundering linked to pornography racket case | Mumbai News

admin
Last updated: December 1, 2024 5:02 am
admin
ED summons Raj Kundra for questioning in money laundering linked to pornography racket case | Mumbai News

[ad_1]

ED summons Raj Kundra for questioning in money laundering linked to pornography racket case
Authorities allege Kundra used proceeds from this racket to acquire properties. His network may have international links, with suspicious transactions flagged in multiple locations.

NEW DELHI: The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has summoned businessman Raj Kundra, husband of actor Shilpa Shetty, for questioning in connection with a money laundering case tied to the illegal distribution of pornographic films, official sources said on Sunday.
Kundra has been asked to appear before the investigating officer this week. Several others connected to the case have also been summoned.
The ED had conducted raids at Kundra’s Mumbai residence and other locations in Uttar Pradesh on December 29.
In response, Kundra stated on Saturday that he is “fully complying” with the ongoing investigation, which has been ongoing for four years.
Kundra’s lawyer emphasized that the action was not directed at Shilpa Shetty and that Kundra is cooperating to ensure the truth emerges.
The case, which emerged in May 2022, is based on multiple Mumbai Police FIRs and chargesheets filed against Kundra and others involved. While Kundra was arrested and later granted bail, this is his second money laundering case; earlier this year, the ED had attached assets worth Rs 98 crore of Kundra and Shetty in a cryptocurrency matter, though they later secured relief from the Bombay High Court.
Kundra has consistently denied any active role in the creation of the alleged obscene content, claiming he was falsely implicated. The ED’s investigation ties Kundra to the “Hotshots” app, which was used to upload and stream pornographic content. Evidence presented by police, including WhatsApp chats on Kundra’s phone, allegedly points to his involvement in the sale of adult films.
In 2021, Kundra told a Mumbai court that there was no evidence linking him to the alleged offence, claiming he was made a “scapegoat.” The investigation revealed that some actors were reportedly misled into performing explicit scenes under the guise of auditions for web series or short films.



[ad_2]

Source link

Previous Article Hard Kash: Trump names loyalist Patel to head FBI Hard Kash: Trump names loyalist Patel to head FBI
Next Article Allu Arjun: ‘Pushpa is incomplete without Srivalli’ |
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

[Ruby_E_Template slug="time-related"]
[Ruby_E_Template slug="time-footer"]
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account