[Ruby_E_Template slug="time-header"]
Fight Against CriminalFight Against Criminal
Font ResizerAa
  • World
  • Travel
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • Technology
  • Fashion
Search
  • Home
    • Home 1
    • Home 2
    • Home 3
    • Home 4
    • Home 5
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Opinion
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • World
    • Science
    • Health
  • Bookmarks
  • More Foxiz
    • Sitemap
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
World

Watch: Military vehicle mows down woman protesting rigged elections in Mozambique

admin
Last updated: November 30, 2024 6:56 am
admin
Watch: Military vehicle mows down woman protesting rigged elections in Mozambique

[ad_1]

Watch: Military vehicle mows down woman protesting rigged elections in Mozambique
Screengrab: X/@realafrogazette

A military vehicle ran over a woman in Maputo, the capital of Mozambique, earlier this week, during ongoing protests following an election that the opposition claims was rigged.
Videos shared online show an armored vehicle driving through a wooden barricade used by protesters and hitting the woman. She sustained head injuries but is not in critical condition, director of the emergency department at Maputo central hospital was quoted as saying by The Guardian.

Mozambique’s armed forces said they “accidentally ran over a citizen” and will cover her medical costs. The statement expressed regret and promised that the “incident will be rigorously investigated to ensure that this type of situation does not happen again.”
In a separate incident, police shot and killed two protesters in Nampula, a northern city. An activist said the incident occurred when a crowd confronted officers after blocking roads and burning tires.
The protests have been ongoing since the October 9 election, where Daniel Chapo of the Frelimo party, which has governed Mozambique since 1975, officially won with 70.7 per cent of the vote. Opposition leader Venancio Mondlane has rejected the results and called for protests.
Rights groups report that police have suppressed the protests, resulting in dozens of deaths, including children.
Local monitoring group Plataforma Decide estimates at least 67 people were killed in the unrest between mid-October and mid-November.



[ad_2]

Source link

Previous Article Bollywood actor accused of molestation by content creator | Mumbai News Bollywood actor accused of molestation by content creator | Mumbai News
Next Article Watch: Over 150 two-wheelers gutted in massive fire at Varanasi Cantt railway station parking lot | Varanasi News Watch: Over 150 two-wheelers gutted in massive fire at Varanasi Cantt railway station parking lot | Varanasi News
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

[Ruby_E_Template slug="time-related"]
[Ruby_E_Template slug="time-footer"]
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account