[Ruby_E_Template slug="time-header"]
Fight Against CriminalFight Against Criminal
Font ResizerAa
  • World
  • Travel
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • Technology
  • Fashion
Search
  • Home
    • Home 1
    • Home 2
    • Home 3
    • Home 4
    • Home 5
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Opinion
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • World
    • Science
    • Health
  • Bookmarks
  • More Foxiz
    • Sitemap
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
World

Turkey threatens offensive against Syrian Kurdish fighters

admin
Last updated: January 8, 2025 4:49 am
admin
Turkey threatens offensive against Syrian Kurdish fighters

[ad_1]

Turkey threatens offensive against Syrian Kurdish fighters

Turkey threatened on Tuesday to launch a military operation against Kurdish forces in Syria unless they accepted Ankara’s conditions for a “bloodless” transition after the demise of President Bashar Assad.
“We will do what’s necessary” if the Kurdish-led People’s Protection Units (YPG) fail to agree to Turkish demands, Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan told CNNTurk television.
When asked what that might entail, he said a “military operation.”
Turkey considers the YPG, which spearheads the US-allied Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), as a terrorist outfit linked to the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK), which has been engaged in a decades-old insurgency against the Turkish state.

Fidan says ultimatum is ‘obvious’

Assad’s fall to Islamist-led rebels last month raised the prospect of Turkey intervening in Syria against Kurdish forces accused by Ankara of links to the outlawed PKK.
“Those international fighters who came from Turkey, Iran and Iraq must leave Syria immediately. We see neither any preparation nor any intention in this direction right now and we are waiting,” Fidan said.
“The ultimatum we gave them (the YPG) through the Americans is obvious,” he added.
Over the last nine years, Turkey has conducted multiple ground operations in Syria to push Kurdish forces away from its border.



[ad_2]

Source link

Previous Article “HMPV not a threat”: Health experts urge as 7 HMPV virus cases reported in India in 2 days
Next Article Exclusive | 'ILT20 is the toughest league in the world': Mohammad Amir | Cricket News Exclusive | ‘ILT20 is the toughest league in the world’: Mohammad Amir | Cricket News
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

[Ruby_E_Template slug="time-related"]
[Ruby_E_Template slug="time-footer"]
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account