[Ruby_E_Template slug="time-header"]
Fight Against CriminalFight Against Criminal
Font ResizerAa
  • World
  • Travel
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • Technology
  • Fashion
Search
  • Home
    • Home 1
    • Home 2
    • Home 3
    • Home 4
    • Home 5
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Opinion
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • World
    • Science
    • Health
  • Bookmarks
  • More Foxiz
    • Sitemap
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Mumbai

Shinde, 2 ex-guardian mins should be kept out of cabinet for road works scam: Aaditya

admin
Last updated: December 14, 2024 7:11 pm
admin
Shinde, 2 ex-guardian mins should be kept out of cabinet for road works scam: Aaditya

[ad_1]

Shinde, 2 ex-guardian mins should be kept out of cabinet for road works scam: Aaditya

Mumbai: A day after city BJP chief Ashish Shelar demanded a special investigation team (SIT) probe into BMC‘s alleged shoddy cement concrete road works, Shiv Sena (UBT) MLA Aaditya Thackeray on Saturday said: “Finally, the BJP has realised what I have been saying for the last two years. There has been a cartelisation of contracts and you can see the results.”
Thackeray demanded that former chief minister Eknath Shinde and the two former guardian ministers of Mumbai Deepak Kesarkar and Mangal Prabhat Lodha, in whose tenure the road contracts were given, should be kept out of the state cabinet. He also opposed the user fee that BMC has proposed for garbage collection, calling it a “loot of the people”.
On Dec 11, when Shelar inspected the ongoing concretisation works at Santacruz in his assembly constituency, locals pointed out to him how, despite being laid earlier this year, the roads have developed visible cracks.
In a related development, former corporator Makarand Narwekar wrote to BMC commissioner Bhushan Gagrani seeking an inquiry against senior officials of the roads department and fixing of responsibility. He claimed that cement-concrete road works have not started despite the awarding of contract.
On Saturday, Narwekar, along with Colaba residents, held a protest at 1st Pasta Lane. “The road contractor has only put up barricades on five roads in Colaba; no actual work or maintenance is taking place on the ground. There has been no action against the contractor for failing to execute the CC roads works. Nearly two years have passed since the groundbreaking of the CC road works in Mumbai, but no new roads have been completed in south Mumbai,” claimed Narwekar. He further said that the barricades placed on the roads were causing traffic jams at several locations.



[ad_2]

Source link

Previous Article University’s psychology students take exam sans official syllabus | Mumbai News University’s psychology students take exam sans official syllabus | Mumbai News
Next Article 2014 drug smuggling case: No leniency, 10 years’ RI for Zambian national with kids in orphanage 2014 drug smuggling case: No leniency, 10 years’ RI for Zambian national with kids in orphanage
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

[Ruby_E_Template slug="time-related"]
[Ruby_E_Template slug="time-footer"]
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account