[Ruby_E_Template slug="time-header"]
Fight Against CriminalFight Against Criminal
Font ResizerAa
  • World
  • Travel
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • Technology
  • Fashion
Search
  • Home
    • Home 1
    • Home 2
    • Home 3
    • Home 4
    • Home 5
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Opinion
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • World
    • Science
    • Health
  • Bookmarks
  • More Foxiz
    • Sitemap
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Top Stories

Sanjay Roy convicted in RG Kar case: What happens next, what punishment he may get | India News

admin
Last updated: January 18, 2025 2:52 pm
admin
Sanjay Roy convicted in RG Kar case: What happens next, what punishment he may get | India News

[ad_1]

Sanjay Roy convicted in RG Kar case: What happens next, what punishment he may get

NEW DELHI: A Kolkata court on Saturday convicted the main accused Sanjay Roy in the RG Kar rape and murder case. He was found guilty under Section 64 of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS) for rape, along with Sections 66 and 103(1) for causing death and committing murder.
After the Additional District Judge of the Sealdah Court read out the verdict, Roy was sent to judicial custody and the sentencing will be announced on Monday.
Partha Sarathi Dutta, the lawyer representing CBI in the case said that Roy could get 25 year jail term, life imprisonment or death under the sections he has been convicted.
“CBI has investigated successfully and he has been declared guilty (by Court). The sentence will be pronounced on 20th January. Further investigation is underway. The sentencing is at the discretion of the court. Rape with murder is the case so he could get 25 years jail term, life imprisonment or death.” Notably, Section 103(1) of the BNS prescribes a maximum penalty of either life imprisonment or the death sentence.
Meanwhile, Roy maintained his innocence and said he was being “falsely implicated” and he has no role in the gruesome crime happened in August last year. Surprisingly, he also added that an IPS officer was involved in the incident that led to the death of a PG medic.
“I have been falsely implicated. I have not done this. Those who have done so are being let go. One IPS [officer] involved. I always wear a chain of rudraksh on my neck. If I committed the crime my chain would have been broken in place of occurrence. I can’t commit this crime,” he told news agency ANI.



[ad_2]

Source link

Previous Article Trump administration prepares for nationwide arrests of undocumented immigrants from next week: Border official Trump administration prepares for nationwide arrests of undocumented immigrants from next week: Border official
Next Article LA wildfires: Music mega stars to perform at FireAid to raise funds for relief efforts LA wildfires: Music mega stars to perform at FireAid to raise funds for relief efforts
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

[Ruby_E_Template slug="time-related"]
[Ruby_E_Template slug="time-footer"]
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account