[Ruby_E_Template slug="time-header"]
Fight Against CriminalFight Against Criminal
Font ResizerAa
  • World
  • Travel
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • Technology
  • Fashion
Search
  • Home
    • Home 1
    • Home 2
    • Home 3
    • Home 4
    • Home 5
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Opinion
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • World
    • Science
    • Health
  • Bookmarks
  • More Foxiz
    • Sitemap
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
World

Philippines to continue resupply missions in S China Sea, won’t escalate situation

admin
Last updated: December 10, 2024 10:43 am
admin
Philippines to continue resupply missions in S China Sea, won't escalate situation

[ad_1]

Philippines to continue resupply missions in S China Sea, won't escalate situation
A Philippine supply boat sails during a resupply mission for Filipino troops stationed at a grounded warship in the South China Sea, October 4, 2023. (Reuters)

MANILA: Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos Jr said on Tuesday that the country will not send its navy to support Filipino fishers in a contested shoal in the South China Sea despite a recent incident with Chinese vessels.
“We will never be part of an escalation in the West Philippine Sea,” Marcos told reporters, adding that the country will continue supporting fishermen.
The Philippines will not deploy its own navy warships in the area to prevent provocation and escalation, Marcos said. The Philippines refers to the portion of the South China Sea that it claims as the West Philippine Sea.
China will continue to safeguard its sovereignty, rights and interests, a foreign ministry spokesperson said on Tuesday.
“The recent maritime incidents between China and the Philippines are entirely caused by the Philippines’ persistent infringement and provocation,” Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson Mao Ning told a regular news conference.
Chinese coastguard vessels on Dec. 4 fired a water cannon and side-swiped a Manila fisheries bureau boat transporting supplies to Filipino fishermen operating in the Scarborough Shoal, a prime fishing patch, according to Philippine officials.
Philippine coastguard vessels also faced “blocking, shadowing, and dangerous manoeuvres” from a Chinese navy vessel.
China’s coastguard said last week that Philippine ships “dangerously approached” Beijing’s territorial waters around the Scarborough Shoal.
The Philippines filed a diplomatic protest against China, which claims almost all of the South China Sea, angering neighbouring countries that dispute boundaries they say cut into their exclusive economic zones.



[ad_2]

Source link

Previous Article Why do astronauts need more calories in space
Next Article 'India sending death squads': Trump pick Harmeet K Dhillon's controversial takes on Nijjar killing | World News ‘India sending death squads’: Trump pick Harmeet K Dhillon’s controversial takes on Nijjar killing | World News
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

[Ruby_E_Template slug="time-related"]
[Ruby_E_Template slug="time-footer"]
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account