[Ruby_E_Template slug="time-header"]
Fight Against CriminalFight Against Criminal
Font ResizerAa
  • World
  • Travel
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • Technology
  • Fashion
Search
  • Home
    • Home 1
    • Home 2
    • Home 3
    • Home 4
    • Home 5
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Opinion
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • World
    • Science
    • Health
  • Bookmarks
  • More Foxiz
    • Sitemap
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Mumbai

India’s Got Latent row: Cyber police refuse Raina more time, serve 2nd summons | Mumbai News

admin
Last updated: February 13, 2025 3:53 pm
admin
India’s Got Latent row: Cyber police refuse Raina more time, serve 2nd summons | Mumbai News

[ad_1]

India’s Got Latent row: Cyber police refuse Raina more time, serve 2nd summons

Mumbai: The Maharashtra state cyber police have declined comedian and Youtuber Samay Raina‘s request for additional time to participate in the investigation in the case registered against him, podcaster Ranveer Allahbadia, social media influencer Apoorva Makhija, and the organizers of India’s Got Latent over an obscene joke made by Allahbadia during the show.
While Raina’s lawyer requested an extension citing overseas travel commitments, the cyber police issued a second summons directing him to present himself on Feb 17, a cyber police source on Thursday.
The state cyber cell has dispatched notices to around 40 people involved in the production of 18 episodes of India’s Got Latent, including the content creators, organisers and attendees. They have also approached YouTube requesting the removal of all 18 episodes from the platform.
A cyber officer verified that YouTube has removed the contentious episode within 48 hours of its publication. “Though we can’t see the episodes online we are in touch with YouTube to remove the entire content. Meanwhile, it was learned that yesterday Raina has removed the episode that he had uploaded,” the officer said. “So far no arrest has been made. Action will be initiated after recording the statements and scrutinising the contents,” said the officer.
Khar police have gathered statements from at least 10 people following a written grievance about the incident, as the episodes were recorded at a Khar studio in Nov 2024.
Breaking his silence on the matter, Raina on Wednesday took to Instagram to address the backlash. He announced that he has taken down all videos of India’s Got Latent from his channel and assured full cooperation with authorities. “Everything that has been happening has been too much for me to handle. I have removed all India’s Got Latent videos from my channel. My only objective was to make people laugh and have a good time. I will fully cooperate with all agencies to ensure their inquiries are concluded fairly. Thank you,” Raina posted.
Allahbadia had earlier issued a public apology, admitting that his comments were “inappropriate” and that he “had a lapse in judgment.”
Mumbai: The Maharashtra state cyber police have declined comedian and Youtuber Samay Raina’s request for additional time to participate in the investigation in the case registered against him, podcaster Ranveer Allahbadia, social media influencer Apoorva Makhija, and the organizers of India’s Got Latent over an obscene joke made by Allahbadia during the show.
While Raina’s lawyer requested an extension citing overseas travel commitments, the cyber police issued a second summons directing him to present himself on Feb 17, a cyber police source on Thursday.
The state cyber cell has dispatched notices to around 40 people involved in the production of 18 episodes of India’s Got Latent, including the content creators, organisers and attendees. They have also approached YouTube requesting the removal of all 18 episodes from the platform.
A cyber officer verified that YouTube has removed the contentious episode within 48 hours of its publication. “Though we can’t see the episodes online we are in touch with YouTube to remove the entire content. Meanwhile, it was learned that yesterday Raina has removed the episode that he had uploaded,” the officer said. “So far no arrest has been made. Action will be initiated after recording the statements and scrutinising the contents,” said the officer.
Khar police have gathered statements from at least 10 people following a written grievance about the incident, as the episodes were recorded at a Khar studio in Nov 2024.
Breaking his silence on the matter, Raina on Wednesday took to Instagram to address the backlash. He announced that he has taken down all videos of India’s Got Latent from his channel and assured full cooperation with authorities. “Everything that has been happening has been too much for me to handle. I have removed all India’s Got Latent videos from my channel. My only objective was to make people laugh and have a good time. I will fully cooperate with all agencies to ensure their inquiries are concluded fairly. Thank you,” Raina posted.
Allahbadia had earlier issued a public apology, admitting that his comments were “inappropriate” and that he “had a lapse in judgment.”



[ad_2]

Source link

Previous Article Tulsi Gabbard Latest News: Megyn Kelly says Tulsi Gabbard's confirmation hearing was difficult only because... Tulsi Gabbard Latest News: Megyn Kelly says Tulsi Gabbard’s confirmation hearing was difficult only because…
Next Article CRPF jawan opens fire, kills 2 colleagues before shooting self in Manipur | India News CRPF jawan opens fire, kills 2 colleagues before shooting self in Manipur | India News
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

[Ruby_E_Template slug="time-related"]
[Ruby_E_Template slug="time-footer"]
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account