[ad_1]
Mumbai: Even as the state govt scrutinises beneficiaries of its flagship Mukhya Mantri Majhi Ladki Bahin Yojana, state women and child welfare minister Aditi Tatkare has said that at this point, it will only trim 4,000 beneficiaries who have themselves come forward to declare that they are no longer eligible.
The women have mainly told the state that they are no longer based in the state or that their income has increased beyond the limit for the scheme. The state govt is planning to disburse its seventh instalment under the Mukhya Mantri Majhi Ladki Bahin Yojana by Jan 26. So far, the instalment of Rs 1,500 has been sent to the accounts of 1.1 crore women.
In Dec, over 2.3 crore women received the stipend. Officials said the number of beneficiaries may even show a rise as those whose Aadhaar seeding was pending will be added once this procedure is concluded.
“At this point, we will only be reducing the number of those 4,000 beneficiaries and we will also be adding those applicants whose Aadhaar seeding to their bank accounts was pending and has now been completed,” said Ms Tatkare. She said the scrutiny will be a long and ongoing process. “It is not possible to scrutinise over 2 crore beneficiaries in a short time. It will be an ongoing process,” said Ms Tatkare.
The state govt has begun scrutinising Ladki Bahin beneficiaries on the basis of five key criteria, including whether they fit the limit of Rs 2.5 lakh family income per year, if they remain domiciled in the state, and if there is a mismatch in the name on their Aadhaar and bank account. Those with four-wheel vehicles and govt jobs will also be debarred from the scheme.
[ad_2]
Source link
