[Ruby_E_Template slug="time-header"]
Fight Against CriminalFight Against Criminal
Font ResizerAa
  • World
  • Travel
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • Technology
  • Fashion
Search
  • Home
    • Home 1
    • Home 2
    • Home 3
    • Home 4
    • Home 5
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Opinion
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • World
    • Science
    • Health
  • Bookmarks
  • More Foxiz
    • Sitemap
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Top Stories

After Test debacle, focus shifts to 2025 ICC Champions Trophy

admin
Last updated: January 6, 2025 4:40 am
admin
After Test debacle, focus shifts to 2025 ICC Champions Trophy

[ad_1]

After Test debacle, focus shifts to 2025 ICC Champions Trophy
ICC Champions Trophy. (Photo by Andrew Matthews/Getty Images)

SYDNEY: India have lost seven out of their last eight Tests and now the focus will soon shift to white-ball action with the upcoming bilateral series versus England and then the 2025 edition of the ICC Champions Trophy. Indian players are expected to leave for home soon and the senior selection committee will enter huddle mode to pick the squads for England T20Is, ODIs and the Champions Trophy.
Chairman Ajit Agarkar has been in Australia with the Test squad but he, along with coach Gautam Gambhir, will be starting discussions on the white-ball assignments. It is understood that all teams need to pick their provisional 15-member squad by January 12 but they are allowed to make changes until February 13. The tournament begins on February 19.

Gautam Gambhir press conference: On Kohli, Rohit and dressing room

“All teams need to submit their provisional squads by January 12 but (are) allowed to make changes till February 13. It is up to the teams whether they want to announce the squad or not as the International Cricket Council (ICC) will release the submitted squads only on February 13,” said an ICC official.
All Champions Trophy-bound players are likely to feature in the three ODIs against England before the multi-nation tournament and Jasprit Bumrah could be the only exception.
India’s last 50-over assignment was against Sri Lanka in August last year. Then, India played three ODIs with the XI featuring all seniors, including Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli.
As things stand, Rohit is certain to lead the side in the UAE and will have Bumrah as his deputy if there are no major fitness concerns. Plenty of white-ball specialists like Shreyas Iyer, Hardik Pandya and Arshdeep Singh will be back in the mix, too, and the selectors will have have a happy headache with the problem of plenty on their table.
Shreyas and Hardik have been playing domestic cricket for their respective states and the former has been in phenomenal touch with the bat, across formats. Hardik, too, looked dangerous with the bat in the T20Is and has played three List A games for Baroda in the Vijay Hazare Trophy.



[ad_2]

Source link

Previous Article Rs 28 lakh TV, 7 servent quarters: Rs 33cr spent on Delhi CM’s residence against estimate of Rs 7.9cr, says CAG report | Delhi News
Next Article Video shows crowd mocking injured US cop thrown from car during arrest Video shows crowd mocking injured US cop thrown from car during arrest
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

[Ruby_E_Template slug="time-related"]
[Ruby_E_Template slug="time-footer"]
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account